I am now up to 14 viewers including one from Great Britain so before my newfound fame goes to my head, I wanted to let you all know what my intentions are and are not for my adventure writing and posting on the internet. I’m now on Facebook , Twitter, Instagram and here all under Trip Griffith but most of my writing will be posted here.
- I do not intend to represent all breast cancer patients or even a few breast cancer patients. The only person I can truly speak for is me. Cancer patients come from all walks of life and if you get a room full of us together, you will find as many opinions as there are faces in the room. Hopefully what I post will resonate with some of you, but in the end I am the only person I represent.
- I also do not intend to criticize how anyone handles a cancer diagnosis. We are all different and need different things to get us through. What worked for me won’t work for everyone and vice versa. Do what you need to do for you, not for anyone else. I support you 100%.
- My goal is to share what I am learning and hopefully get people to think. I wish more people would question what they hear in the media and see in advertising, especially surrounding breast cancer. Ultimately I want a cure for those currently fighting and a way to prevent anyone else from ever having to join the fight.
- I am human just like you. I make mistakes. I change my mind. Sometimes I just outright blow it. I’m sure I will make mistakes here just like I do in real life. I have no ambitions for perfection. Honestly some of the most important lessons in life have come from my mistakes. I’m not even really sure where I am headed with my writing, but I know it will be an adventure and I hope you will join me.
- I welcome constructive criticism, respectful discussions and differing opinions. I believe we sometimes learn the most from people who the most unlike us. I something you post makes smoke come out of my ears, I promise to step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and not return until I can be as respectful to you as I would like you to be to me. I hope you will do the same. If you are a troll, I can not promise that I will resist the urge to make fun of you.
- I am not a medical professional, nor am I pretending to be one. The most important thing you can do for your health is to find a doctor or team of doctors you trust and be an informed advocate for your own personal medical care. Google, Facebook and Twitter are in no way capable of supplying your healthcare needs.
- I am also not a lawyer, accountant or professional of any type really. I will do my best to explain things the way I understand them, but if you need a professional opinion I am definitely not your go to pro. My current job is Stay at Home Mom to three teenagers and I am definitely no expert at that either.
Life is an adventure and it is always better when shared with friends, even imaginary internet friends in cyberspace. I’m not sure where I’m headed, but I know it will be an adventure and I hope you will join me.